Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Monday, August 17
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Palestine’s President Abbas says ready to govern Gaza after ceasefire deal | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Palestine’s President Abbas says ready to govern Gaza after ceasefire deal | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefJanuary 18, 2025 Latest News No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Palestinian president reiterates call for ‘an immediate ceasefire and full Israeli withdrawal’ from besieged territory.

    Palestine’s President Mahmoud Abbas has said that the Palestinian Authority (PA) was ready to assume “full responsibility” in post-war Gaza, in his first statement since a ceasefire deal was announced between Israel and Hamas.

    “The Palestinian government, under president Abbas’ directives, has completed all preparations to assume full responsibility in Gaza,” a presidency statement said on Friday.

    It would include the return of the displaced, providing basic services, crossings management and reconstruction of the war-torn territory.

    The statement, published by the Palestinian Wafa news agency, also reiterated the call of Abbas’s government “of the necessity of an immediate ceasefire in and full Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip”.

    While Hamas has exercised full control in Gaza since 2007, the PA, dominated by the Fatah movement, runs the West Bank which has been occupied by the Israeli forces.

    Currently, Israel has no definitive stance on post-war governance beyond rejecting any role for both Hamas and the PA.

    Israeli officials, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, have repeatedly opposed Hamas or the PA ruling the Palestinian territory, describing either scenario as “a reward” for the October 7, 2023 attack.

    However, outgoing US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said last week that the PA should run the coastal territory.

    Palestinian leaders across factions have long said that Gaza’s future is for them to decide, rejecting any outside interference.

    On Friday, Palestine’s Prime Minister Mohammad Mustafa said government institutions were ready to step up their work and restore basic services in Gaza, while calling on the European Union (EU) to redeploy a monitoring mission to the Rafah border crossing and help facilitate the entry of aid.

    “The Palestinian ministers have clear instructions on what to do from the moment the ceasefire begins. We have a 100-day plan for the day after,” Mustafa was quoted by the Belga News Agency as saying during his trip to Brussels.



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Israeli settlers pitch tents for new illegal outpost in occupied West Bank | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Kushner meets Hamas leaders in Egypt to push Trump’s Gaza plan | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    Hurricane Lala weakens to a tropical storm, but flooding persists in Hawaii | Weather News

    The post-Hormuz era offers Africa a great opportunity | Business and Economy

    Russian strikes kill Ukrainian woman as NATO jet downs drone over Romania | Russia-Ukraine war News

    Yemen’s government says Houthi strikes hit residential areas in Marib | Conflict News

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Nicole Kidman ‘Feels Betrayed’ As Keith Urban Reportedly Moves

    October 1, 2025

    Opinion | The Epstein and Kennedy Files and the Age of Conspiracy Theory

    March 26, 2025

    Germany’s Merz downplays rift with Washington despite US troop drawdown | Politics News

    May 3, 2026

    Unofficial TikTok downloads surge in the US

    February 17, 2025

    Trump Threatens Chicago With Deportations, Department of War Ahead of Potential Federal Intervention

    September 17, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    If Meta loses this trial, Instagram and Facebook could change forever

    August 17, 2026

    Kubiak Speaks Candidly on Powers-Johnson

    August 17, 2026

    Taylor Swift Wows In Deep Plunging Dress Flashing Wedding Ring

    August 17, 2026

    Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea, citing ‘very good’ relationship with Kim Jong Un

    August 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.