Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Monday, May 18
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home»Arts & Entertainment

    Prince Harry’s ‘Unusual’ Exit From Royal Life Led To Downgraded Security

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefApril 10, 2025 Arts & Entertainment No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Prince Harry‘s unconventional decision to step back from royal duties and spend most of his time abroad prompted RAVEC to deviate from standard protocol when deciding to cut his publicly funded security.

    The barrister representing the Home Office, Sir James Eadie KC, made the argument during the second hearing for the Duke’s appeal.

    Prince Harry’s lawyer, Shaheed Fatima KC, had previously stated during her opening argument that RAVEC failed to obtain a risk analysis from the Risk Management Board before making the decision, which is a standard procedure in determining such matters.

    Article continues below advertisement

    Prince Harry Quitting Royal Life Was ‘Unusual,’ Says Home Office Lawyer

    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    On the second day of Harry’s appeal over his downgraded security, the Home Office lawyer, James Eadie KC, shared more insight into why the decision was made without consulting a Risk Management Board.

    “RMB risk analysis is the usual approach in usual cases,” the barrister told the High Court during the proceedings,” per the Daily Mail. “But there is nothing about the appellant’s [Prince Harry’s] announcement in January 2020 that he was to step back from his role in the Royal family and spend most of the time abroad, that was usual.”

    The barrister also remarked that it was “hard to imagine” anyone more suitable than the chair of RAVEC to sign off on how the Duke’s security arrangements should change to accommodate “the unique and unusual circumstances.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    He went on to refute the claim from Harry’s lawyer, Shaheed Fatima KC, that the former senior royal was being “singled out” for “inferior treatment.”

    “He was not being singled out – on the contrary, the process being adopted had positive advantages for him,” Eadie KC told the court.

    Article continues below advertisement

    Prince Harry’s Lawyer Claims Duke Doesn’t See New ‘Bespoke’ Security Arrangement As Better

    Prince Harry
    MEGA

    Arguing for Harry, Fatima KC insisted that RAVEC should not have deviated from their original guidelines of obtaining a risk analysis.

    She also noted that the Duke doesn’t see the new “bespoke” arrangement as something better but rather as a vindictive act seemingly implemented in response to his decision to quit senior royal life.

    She said, “The appellant [the Duke of Sussex] does not accept that bespoke means better – in fact, in his position, it means he has been singled out for different, inferior treatment.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    The Duke’s Lawyer Accused The Judge Who Ruled In Favor Of RAVEC Of Acting ‘Inappropriately’

    (L-R) Prince William, Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton
    MEGA

    Meanwhile, Fatima KC reiterated her stance that the judge who previously ruled in favor of RAVEC acted wrongly.

    She had earlier argued in the first hearing that the judge did so by “wrongly and inappropriately” deferring to the committee on the basis of their decision-making and failing to “appreciate the role of the RMB,” per the Daily Mail.

    At the time, the high-profile lawyer also noted that “the judge erred in finding that the terms of reference granted Ravec the discretion to simply not use the terms of reference in certain cases.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    The Hearing Was Partly Private

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce they will visit Colombia, Montecito, California
    MEGA

    The latest proceedings in Harry’s case were held behind closed doors for the most part due to some of the evidence presented being deemed “highly confidential.”

    “Some of the evidence in this case, which is being placed before the Court of Appeal, has been agreed between the parties to be highly confidential,” the judges, Sir Geoffrey Vos, Lord Justice Bean, and Lord Justice Edis, ruled during the first proceedings.

    They added, “That evidence relates to security arrangements and threat levels and assessments for the claimant and other public figures” and “would be of interest to anyone wishing to harm a person within the scope of the security arrangements.”

    How Prince Harry Arrived For Day Two Of His Appeal

    Prince Harry Attends Court For Appeal Over Security In London, UK - 09 Apr 2025
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    For today’s hearing, Harry arrived shortly after 10 am, which was later than his arrival time for the first day.

    He also dressed in a suit similar to yesterday’s attire but opted for a different wine-colored and dark blue patterned tie.

    Once again, he was flanked by his security and was seen greeting his fans as he made his way to the courtroom.

    He also took an active part in the proceedings by writing detailed notes during the Home Office’s lawyer’s argument against his appeal. His notes were then passed forward via his team of lawyers to his lead barrister, Fatima KC.

    A decision on Harry’s appeal will be provided in writing at a later date but most likely won’t happen before Easter.



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    ‘SNL’ Veteran Calls Out Elon Musk Over Lupita Remarks

    Adam Driver Draws Laughs On Lena Dunham’s Memoir Question

    ‘Dance Moms’ Alum Kendall Vertes Reveals Dallas Cheerleader Dreams

    Drew Sidora Teases K. Michelle ‘RHOA’ Feud

    Seth Rogen Rips Into ‘Stupid’ AI Writing

    Sad Reason Pete Davidson Split From Girlfriend After Having A Kid

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    U.S. pledges $2 billion in aid as Trump administration warns agencies to ‘adapt or die’

    December 29, 2025

    Sudan facing ‘the abyss’ as mass starvation looms, UN warns | Sudan war News

    February 27, 2025

    Alleged drone attack on a Putin residence offers the Kremlin a timely narrative shift

    December 30, 2025

    Lines In The Sand – Iran War

    March 6, 2026

    Ships warned to avoid Red Sea, log Hormuz voyages after Israel hits Iran

    June 13, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    Rep. Thomas Massie enters primary as a Trump target and the U.S. hantavirus ‘hot spots’: Morning Rundown

    May 18, 2026

    How Melbourne’s AI and Data Center Flywheel Is Accelerating Research Innovation

    May 18, 2026

    America’s Sovereign Debt Crisis Has Already Begun

    May 18, 2026

    ‘SNL’ Veteran Calls Out Elon Musk Over Lupita Remarks

    May 18, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.