Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Tuesday, August 18
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » ‘Star Wars’ Was Going To Be His ‘Biggest’ Movie

    ‘Star Wars’ Was Going To Be His ‘Biggest’ Movie

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefMay 10, 2026 Arts & Entertainment No Comments5 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Steven Soderbergh may never have gotten to make his “Star Wars” movie starring Adam Driver, but that’s not going to slow him down. While promoting his new movie “The Christophers,” the Oscar-winning director revealed that the project, tentatively titled “The Hunt for Ben Solo,” was “going to be the biggest thing” that he had ever attempted to make.

    Steven Soderbergh Shares New Insight On Scrapped ‘Star Wars’ Film

    In October 2025, Adam Driver revealed that he planned to return to a galaxy far, far away with his character, Ben Solo, who was redeemed from the dark side and ultimately died in 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.” Although Lucasfilm initially seemed on board with the idea, Driver claimed Disney CEO Bob Iger scrapped the film after he didn’t see how Ben Solo could come back to life.

    Soderbergh has since expressed “frustration” and “disappointment” that the project was scrapped, telling BK Mag “that was two and a half years of free work for me and Adam and [writer] Rebecca Blunt.”

    Soderbergh Told Adam Driver Not To ‘Editorialize’ Why The Movie Was Cancelled

    Steven Soderbergh says he wasted 2 and a half years on his Star Wars film ‘THE HUNT FOR BEN SOLO’

    “I’d made the movie in my head, and just felt bad that nobody else was going to get to see it. It’s insane. We’re all very disappointed.”

    (Source: https://t.co/85OT35Hwzi) pic.twitter.com/DkR3wO4auJ

    — Cinema Solace (@SolaceCinema) February 18, 2026

    He continued, “When Adam and I discussed him talking about it publicly, I said, ‘Look, do not editorialize or speculate about the why. Just say what happened, because all we know is what happened.’ The stated reason was, ‘We don’t think Ben Solo could be alive.’ And that was all we were told. And so there’s nothing to do about it, you know, except move on.”

    “I’d kind of made the movie in my head, and just felt bad that nobody else was going to get to see it,” he continued. “I thought the conversation was strictly going to be a practical one—where they go, what is this going to cost? And I had a really good answer for that. But it never even got to that point. It’s insane. We’re all very disappointed.”

    Steven Soderbergh Thought It Would Be ‘The Biggest Thing’ He’s Ever Made

    Filmmaker Steven Soderbergh says even with new Star Wars leadership, he doesn’t plan to pursue his Hunt for Ben Solo project with Adam Driver

    “If it was gonna happen, it would have happened”

    via: The Playlist pic.twitter.com/sF0RkgNuej

    — ScreenTime (@screentime) April 7, 2026

    In another interview with The Daily Beast, Soderbergh admitted, “In the last few years, most of the projects have been either small or mid-sized, and I’ve been hankering for something a little bigger.”

    He went on to say, “Star Wars was going to occupy that slot. That was going to be the biggest thing I’ve ever attempted to make. And I was excited about working on a big canvas. You know, it’s been a while. I’ve got other stuff that I’m trying to get going that’ll satisfy that desire.”

    After admitting that he had been working on “The Hunt For Ben Solo” for a “long time,” he compared it to “complaining about the weather,” saying, “You just have to figure it out. It’s the artist’s job to adapt.”

    Soderbergh Is Not Afraid To Approach Another Franchise

    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    When asked if he was afraid to approach another franchise after his experience with Disney, Soderbergh jokingly called himself “the cockroach after the nuclear winter.”

    “There’s no version of the business that I don’t think I can find a way through,” he said. “I didn’t view that as stepping into the maw of some machine that was going to chew me up. It’s conceivable—whether it’s an idea that I generate or if I’m approached by something that is ‘hell yeah!’—that I would find myself working in a franchise context. I’m not worried about that. I can function properly in that atmosphere.”

    Steven Soderbergh Reveals His Stance On Another ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ Movie

    Steven Soderbergh at the Premiere of 'Black Bag'
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Soderbergh was also asked in the interview if he planned to revisit the world of “Ocean’s Eleven.” Even though some fans have been looking forward to his return to the franchise, especially after his “Star Wars” project with Adam Driver didn’t work out, Soderbergh seemed ready to hand over the reins to someone else.

    “Between the three I did and then Gary’s movie [Ocean’s 8], I’ve put in the hours. Honestly, somebody else should make it theirs,” he said. “I put my signature on the three I directed, and it’s all teed up for somebody else to do that, and they should.”

    “They’re tricky, but they’re fun. And it’s fun to make things that are fun,” he added. “I have very fond memories of my Ocean’s duty, but it’s somebody else’s turn. I don’t know what else to give it.”





    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Emma Roberts Shares Heartbreaking Hayden Panettiere Tribute

    Kate Walsh Is Excited About Her Relocation U-Turn

    Mariska Hargitay Confirms Jalen Brunson On ‘SVU’

    Fans Turn Hayden Panettiere’s Last Post Into Digital Memorial

    Taylor Swift Wows In Deep Plunging Dress Flashing Wedding Ring

    Vegas Influencer Turns Childhood Magic Dream Into Reality With ‘HACKED’

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Opinion | The American Dream Is the Troquita

    October 20, 2025

    ‘VPR’ Fans Worried For James Kennedy’s Baby

    May 9, 2026

    Japan coalition set to back Takaichi as first woman prime minister: Reports | Politics News

    October 19, 2025

    Antarctic cold snap sweeps New Zealand’s South Island, shuts roads and schools

    August 4, 2026

    Why Bitcoin Will NOT Replace The Dollar

    November 12, 2024
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    Why I Shut My Company Down for 2 Weeks Every Year

    August 18, 2026

    How Hurricane Lala was juiced by El Niño

    August 18, 2026

    Nick Reiner has spent some of his family money on murder defense, lawyers say

    August 18, 2026

    IEEE Presidents’ Scholarship Honors Teen Innovators

    August 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.