Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Tuesday, August 18
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Dak Prescott accepts blame after Cowboys’ loss to 49ers

    Dak Prescott accepts blame after Cowboys’ loss to 49ers

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefOctober 28, 2024 Sports No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Quarterback Dak Prescott acknowledged last week he hadn’t played “good enough” as his Dallas Cowboys sat at 3-3. Prescott then tossed a pair of interceptions in Dallas’ 30-24 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday night. 

    Prescott admitted following that defeat that he “damn sure can’t be having the turnovers” if the Cowboys are going to right the ship this fall. 

    “The second one was as boneheaded of an interception as I feel like I’ve had,” Prescott explained, as shared by Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk. “Trying to make a play, too much confidence in myself right there. Should’ve just thrown it away. …That one hurts, starting off the third quarter that way, allowed them to get a touchdown there, you look at the end at the score, a touchdown’s the difference. Once again, we put ourselves behind on the turnover battle, and that’s on me. We can’t have that if we’re playing to win games, and I’ve got to clean that up. Period.”

    Prescott finished second in Most Valuable Player voting for the 2023 campaign, but has tossed two interceptions in each of Dallas’ last three games, two of which the Cowboys lost. According to ESPN stats, only three quarterbacks have thrown more picks than Prescott (eight) this season. He began Monday ranked 23rd in the NFL with a 47.2 adjusted QBR and 24th with an 84.5 passer rating on the campaign. 

    Needless to say, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones probably expected better play from Prescott when Jones signed the 31-year-old to a four-year contract extension reportedly worth $240M with $231M guaranteed.

    “I mean me, personally frustrated. Frustrated, myself, in my play. I imagine the rest of the guys are,” Prescott added during his postgame comments, per Todd Archer of ESPN. “Not getting the win, two in a row now, sitting at 3-4. But I can definitely tell you that nobody’s shaken or giving up. Frustration is very high. But it’s a long season.”

    Prescott will attempt to avoid costly turnovers when the Cowboys play at the 5-3 Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. As of Monday morning, DraftKings Sportsbook listed Dallas as a 2.5-point underdog against Atlanta. 





    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Return date revealed for Yankees’ Carlos Rodon

    Vikings seem to have made McCarthy call after Murray decision

    The ‘Rookie passing leader by team’ quiz

    Cristiano Ronaldo shares big update on future

    Orioles in playoff spot for first time since April — but will it last?

    Key takeaways from Arsenal vs. Manchester City

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Taylor Frankie Paul Sets Record Straight On Man Rumored To Be New Boyfriend

    September 11, 2025

    OF Star Autumn Renae Says God Told Her When to Quit

    February 2, 2026

    Elon Musk accused of copying designs by I, Robot director

    October 14, 2024

    5 cases when using AI to search beats Googling

    October 20, 2025

    Trump administration to declassify documents relating to China and U.S. elections

    July 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    Why I Shut My Company Down for 2 Weeks Every Year

    August 18, 2026

    How Hurricane Lala was juiced by El Niño

    August 18, 2026

    Nick Reiner has spent some of his family money on murder defense, lawyers say

    August 18, 2026

    IEEE Presidents’ Scholarship Honors Teen Innovators

    August 17, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.