Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Wednesday, August 19
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Biden Regime Withdraws Controversial Title IX Which Would Have Forced Women to Allow Men In Their Locker Rooms and Bathrooms | The Gateway Pundit

    Biden Regime Withdraws Controversial Title IX Which Would Have Forced Women to Allow Men In Their Locker Rooms and Bathrooms | The Gateway Pundit

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefDecember 22, 2024 Politics No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Credit: Getty Images

    The Biden regime has withdrawn its proposed Title IX rule that sought to expand protections for transgender athletes in educational institutions.

    This decision comes after substantial opposition from conservative lawmakers, women’s rights advocates, and a series of legal challenges that questioned the rule’s implications on women’s sports and privacy rights.

    The initial proposal aimed to amend Title IX—a federal civil rights law that prohibits sex-based discrimination in federally funded education programs—to include protections based on gender identity, as previously reported by The Gateway Pundit.

    This change would have required schools to allow transgender athletes to participate in sports teams aligning with their gender identity, potentially granting biological males access to women’s locker rooms and bathrooms.

    Oklahoma State Superintendent of Public Instruction Ryan Walters condemned Joe Biden’s recent rewrite of Title IX, labeling it as “radical and illegal” and a direct assault on the rights of states, families, and specifically young women and girls.

    “President Biden deciding to rewrite Title IX is one of the most radical and illegal moves we’ve ever seen from the federal government. It’s an attack on our states. It’s an attack on our families. And it’s an attack on our young women and girls. We will not stand for this in Oklahoma,” said Ryan Walters.

    In August this year, the U.S. Supreme Court smacked down the regime’s request to implement the rule in 10 states after lower court federal judges blocked it from doing so. The rule is also blocked in 16 other states as part of ongoing lawsuits.

    “On this limited record and in its emergency applications, the Government has not provided this Court a sufficient basis to disturb the lower courts’ interim conclusions that the three provisions found likely to be unlawful are intertwined with and affect other provisions of the rule,” the court’s order read.

    A dismayed Justice Sonia Sotomayor slammed the Supreme Court’s decision and said the lower court rulings were “overbroad.”

    “By blocking the Government from enforcing scores of regulations that respondents never challenged and that bear no apparent relationship to respondents’ alleged injuries, the lower courts went beyond their authority to remedy the discrete harms alleged here,” Sotomayor wrote.

    The cases were then returned to lower appeals courts.

    Now, the Biden regime has withdrawn a proposed Title IX rule that would have mandated the inclusion of transgender athletes in sports teams aligning with their gender identity.

    “The U.S. Department of Education (Department) is withdrawing the notice of proposed rulemaking entitled “Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex in Education Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance: Sex-Related Eligibility Criteria for Male and Female Athletic Teams” published in the Federal Register on April 13, 2023. The proposed rule would have amended the regulations implementing Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX),” the document from the Dept. of Education reads.

    It continued, “The Department recognizes that there are multiple pending lawsuits related to the application of Title IX in the context of gender identity, including lawsuits related to Title IX’s application to athletic eligibility criteria in a variety of factual contexts. In light of the comments received and those various pending court cases, the Department has determined not to regulate on this issue at this time. Therefore, the Department hereby withdraws the Athletics NPRM and terminates this rulemaking proceeding.”



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Xos Inc Stock Surges 69% in Pre-Market Trading

    Lucille Ball’s 1943 Classic Debuted 83 Years Ago

    Peltola and Sullivan Advance in Alaska Senate Primary

    Ossoff Escalates Trump Feud Over Aide Natalie Harp

    Big Brother Week 5: New Replacement Nominee Revealed

    McDonald’s Clarifies Hello Kitty x Godzilla Toy Selection

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Ford Will Use Apple Technology for Self-Driving Cars

    July 25, 2026

    China, US to hold trade talks in Seoul ahead of Trump-Xi summit

    May 10, 2026

    One blood sample could reveal the age of 11 of your organs and systems

    September 19, 2025

    Former Trump personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani injured in car crash | Donald Trump News

    September 1, 2025

    Our brain doesn’t actually reorganise itself after an amputation

    August 21, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    81,000 warning letters sent to crypto holders in HMRC tax crackdown

    August 19, 2026

    The Bond Crisis | Armstrong Economics

    August 19, 2026

    Xos Inc Stock Surges 69% in Pre-Market Trading

    August 19, 2026

    Ayla Bell Admits Why She Dodges an Awkward Job Question

    August 19, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.