Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Thursday, August 20
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Iran says it turns back US warship from Strait of Hormuz, US CENTCOM denies missile strike

    Iran says it turns back US warship from Strait of Hormuz, US CENTCOM denies missile strike

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefMay 4, 2026 Trending News No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    DUBAI: Iran said it had forced a United States warship to turn back from entering the Strait of Hormuz on Monday (May 4), but a US official denied a report that it had been struck by Iranian missiles, according to an Axios journalist.

    Iran’s navy said it had prevented “American-Zionist” warships from entering the Strait of Hormuz area by issuing a “swift and decisive warning”.

    Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency said two missiles had hit the warship near the port of Jask at the southern entrance to the strait, where Iran’s navy has a base, but a senior US official immediately denied the report, Axios’ Barak Ravid said.

    Reuters could not independently verify the reports.

    Iran had warned US forces on Monday not to enter the strategic waterway after President Donald Trump said the United States would “guide out” ships stranded in the Persian Gulf by the US-Israeli war on Iran.

    Trump gave few details of the plan to aid ships and their crews that have been confined to the vital waterway and are running low on food and other supplies more than two months into the conflict.

    “We have told these Countries that we will guide their Ships safely out of these restricted Waterways, so that they can freely and ably get on with their business,” Trump said in a post on his Truth Social site on Sunday.

    In response, Iran’s unified command told commercial ships and oil tankers to refrain from any movement that was not coordinated with Iran’s military.

    “We have repeatedly said the security of the Strait of Hormuz is in our hands and that the safe passage of vessels needs to be coordinated with the armed forces,” Ali Abdollahi, head of the forces’ unified command, said in the statement.

    “We warn that any foreign armed forces, especially the aggressive US Army, will be attacked if they intend to approach and enter the Strait of Hormuz.”

    Iran has blocked nearly all shipping into and out of the Gulf apart from its own since the start of the war, cutting off around a fifth of the world’s oil and gas shipments and sending oil prices soaring by 50 per cent or more.

    US Central Command (CENTCOM), which for its part is blockading Iranian ports to put pressure on Tehran, said it would support the rescue effort with 15,000 military personnel and more than 100 land- and sea-based aircraft, plus warships and drones.

    “Our support for this defensive mission is essential to regional security and the global economy as we also maintain the naval blockade,” Admiral Brad Cooper, the CENTCOM commander, said in a statement.

     



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    UK faces climate rethink after summer of extreme heat and drought

    Iran goes on offensive as diplomacy with US stalls

    US national debt exceeds US$40 trillion for first time

    Trump says will meet North Korea’s Kim later this year

    Israeli military launches criminal probes into killings of Hind Rajab and Palestinian paramedics

    Iran’s armed forces warn Gulf countries against assisting US military

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Charlie Sheen Says ‘Owning’ His Sexual Past With Men Is ‘Liberating’

    September 6, 2025

    Judge Blocks Mamdani’s Pied-à-Terre Tax After Homeowners File Lawsuit * The Gateway Pundit * by Cristina Laila

    August 11, 2026

    Stocks pull lower at end of record year for markets

    January 1, 2026

    Why Entrepreneurs Lose Control of Their Attention

    July 18, 2026

    Why the FTC Charged Sitejabber With Fake Ratings and Reviews

    November 7, 2024
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    China’s Chang’e-7 moonshot will seek water ice at the lunar south pole

    August 20, 2026

    Bond yields jump, stocks fall, oil rises

    August 20, 2026

    Harvest price hike hits business with 1500% increase in bills

    August 20, 2026

    Fauci’s Advisor Pleads Guilty | Armstrong Economics

    August 20, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.