Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Monday, May 18
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home»Trending News

    Israel demands release of all hostages after Hamas backs new truce offer

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefAugust 19, 2025 Trending News No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    JERUSALEM: A senior Israeli official on Tuesday (Aug 19) said the government stood firm on its call for the release of all hostages in any future Gaza deal, after Hamas accepted a new truce proposal.

    Mediators are awaiting an official Israeli response to the plan, a day after Hamas signalled its readiness for a fresh round of talks aimed at ending nearly two years of war.

    Mediator Qatar expressed guarded optimism for the new proposal, noting that it was “almost identical” to an earlier version agreed to by Israel.

    Speaking on condition of anonymity, a senior Israeli official told AFP the government’s stance had not changed and demanded the release of all hostages in any deal.

    The two foes have held on-and-off indirect negotiations throughout the war, resulting in two short truces during which Israeli hostages were released in exchange for Palestinian prisoners, but they have ultimately failed to broker a lasting ceasefire.

    Qatar and Egypt, backed by the United States, have mediated the frequent rounds of shuttle diplomacy.

    Egypt said Monday that it and Qatar had sent the new proposal to Israel, adding “the ball is now in its court”.

    Qatari foreign ministry spokesman Majed al-Ansari said on Tuesday that Hamas had given a “very positive response, and it truly was almost identical to what the Israeli side had previously agreed to”.

    “We cannot make any claims that a breakthrough has been made. But we do believe it is a positive point,” he added.

    MOUNTING PRESSURE

    According to a report in Egyptian state-linked outlet Al-Qahera News, the latest deal proposes an initial 60-day truce, a partial hostage release, the freeing of some Palestinian prisoners and provisions allowing for the entry of aid.

    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has yet to publicly comment on the plan, but said last week that his country would accept “an agreement in which all the hostages are released at once and according to our conditions for ending the war”.

    Senior Hamas official Mahmoud Mardawi said on social media that his group had “opened the door wide to the possibility of reaching an agreement, but the question remains whether Netanyahu will once again close it, as he has done in the past”.

    Hamas’s acceptance of the proposal comes as Netanyahu faces increasing pressure at home and abroad to end the war.



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Oil touches 2-week high after drone attack on UAE nuclear power plant

    Trump issues dire warning to Iran to accept peace deal

    Israeli strikes kill eight people in Gaza, medics say

    UAE reports drone strike at nuclear power plant as Iran war deadlock endures

    Chelsea appoint Xabi Alonso as new manager

    Federal funding for Trump’s ballroom in jeopardy after Senate ruling

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Bills QB Josh Allen gets new deal with reported record $250 million guaranteed

    March 10, 2025

    Who Is Homeless In America?

    August 12, 2025

    Jessie J Cancels U.S. Tour Amid Cancer Battle

    August 29, 2025

    Your ‘Culture’ is a Lie Until You Fund Mental Health

    June 12, 2025

    Meghan Markle’s New Netflix Show Sees Another Harsh Review

    March 10, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    Thousands attend prayer rally in Washington

    May 18, 2026

    The Real Reason North Korea Fights For Russia

    May 18, 2026

    Adam Driver Draws Laughs On Lena Dunham’s Memoir Question

    May 18, 2026

    Oil touches 2-week high after drone attack on UAE nuclear power plant

    May 18, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.