Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Wednesday, August 19
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Israeli military launches criminal probes into killings of Hind Rajab and Palestinian paramedics

    Israeli military launches criminal probes into killings of Hind Rajab and Palestinian paramedics

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefAugust 19, 2026 Trending News No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    JERUSALEM: Israel’s military said Wednesday (Aug 19) it would launch criminal investigations into two high-profile attacks on Palestinians during the war in Gaza, including the killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab and her family and of 15 Palestinian paramedics.

    The military said it would not launch criminal investigations into three other attacks that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders.

    It released the news in a statement that said it had completed reviews of 150 incidents of troop conduct in Gaza and made decisions on five cases.

    The statement did not mention other high-profile killings that the military has pledged to investigate throughout the war. It did not mention the Israeli strikes on a hospital in southern Gaza that killed five journalists in August 2025, including Mariam Dagga, a visual journalist who freelanced for The Associated Press and other news organisations.

    THE KILLINGS DREW INTERNATIONAL OUTCRY

    Both the killing of Rajab in February 2024 and the killing of 15 Palestinian medics in May 2025 gained international attention.

    Rajab was killed alongside her relatives while trying to flee Gaza City amid an Israeli offensive. Israeli troops opened fire on a vehicle carrying Hind and four of her cousins and her aunt and uncle. Hind’s cousin, 15-year-old Layan Hamada, called the Palestinian Red Crescent paramedic centre, telling them that a tank was approaching and that her family had been killed.

    Seconds later, more gunshots were heard, and Layan’s screaming stopped, according to the Red Crescent recording of the call.

    Hind was the sole survivor in the car. The Red Crescent stayed in contact with her as they tried to get permission from the military to rescue her. Contact was lost. Hind, her five relatives and two medics were found dead 12 days later.

    The 15 paramedics were killed when Israeli troops opened fire on their vehicles in the southern city of Rafah, then buried them in a mass grave. Troops shot at a first ambulance that was driving to retrieve casualties from an Israeli offensive, then fired on several other emergency vehicles that went out to look for the first one, according to phone footage and the sole survivor of the shootings.

    Troops then bulldozed over the bodies along with their mangled vehicles, burying them in a mass grave. UN and rescue workers were only able to reach the site a week later to dig out the bodies.



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Iran’s armed forces warn Gulf countries against assisting US military

    Trump says US and Canada strike deal, temporarily pauses 50% tariffs

    Commentary: For Iran’s new leaders, peace is more dangerous than war

    US stocks drop again as bond yields jump

    WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months

    Asian allies stress ‘critical cooperation’ as Trump slashes South Korea drills

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Titans to release standout edge-rusher

    March 7, 2025

    Miguel Almiron reportedly set to rejoin Atlanta for MLS victory lap

    January 27, 2025

    US-Houthi ceasefire deal does not include Israel: Houthi spokesperson

    May 7, 2025

    Justin Baldoni’s Career ‘To Nosedive’ Due To Legal Battle With Blake Lively

    February 14, 2025

    Elon Musk takes familiar fraud, waste claims to Joe Rogan with DOGE discussion

    March 1, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    OpenAI slows down training of advanced AI after cyber-attack

    August 19, 2026

    South Korea Wants Military Independence — Good, Let Them Pay For It

    August 19, 2026

    Lucille Ball’s 1943 Classic Debuted 83 Years Ago

    August 19, 2026

    Marc Jacobs Wants To Dress ‘Trendsetter’ Luigi Mangione For Trial

    August 19, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.