Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » John Stamos Reveals Why He Will ‘Never’ Be On ‘DWTS’

    John Stamos Reveals Why He Will ‘Never’ Be On ‘DWTS’

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefJuly 9, 2026 Arts & Entertainment No Comments5 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    John Stamos has finally explained why fans should stop hoping to see him compete for the Mirrorball Trophy on “Dancing With the Stars.”

    The longtime television star recently admitted that despite years of speculation and repeated invitations, one major reason keeps him from joining the hit competition series. While many celebrities view the ballroom as a chance to reinvent themselves, Stamos believes the show isn’t the right fit for him.

    John Stamos is opening up about his firm stance, revealing why he will “never” sign up for “Dancing With the Stars,” while reflecting on the personal journey that continues to shape his decisions today.

    5
    Lisa OConnor/AFF-USA.com / MEGA

    John Stamos revealed that despite receiving an invitation “every single season,” he has no plans to compete on “Dancing With the Stars.”

    Speaking to Bobby Bones on his “The Bobbycast” podcast, the actor admitted he has repeatedly turned down producers and eventually told them to stop asking because his decision would never change.

    Explaining his reasoning, Stamos said the show’s appeal comes from watching contestants struggle through demanding rehearsals, painful injuries, and embarrassing moments in front of millions of viewers. He joked that watching celebrities suffer may entertain audiences, but it is not an experience he wants for himself. In his words:

    “What makes that show good is people suffering and looking like fools. They’re breaking their feet, calluses. I don’t want that.”

    Bobby Bones tried to persuade him it would be worth it, but Stamos was adamant that the ballroom competition wasn’t for him.

    The Actor Joked That The Dance Competition Was Rigged

    John Stamos in front of an American flag5
    MEGA

    Although Bobby Bones tried convincing him that competing on the show would be worth the experience, Stamos refused to budge. The actor instead teased the former champion about his Season 27 victory, joking that fellow contestant Juan Pablo Di Pace should have taken home the Mirrorball Trophy instead.

    Stamos laughed that Bones had defeated somebody who had been getting all A’s from the judges all the time, and playfully said it didn’t make any sense to him. He even joked, “You know that it was rigged up for the competition, just telling you,” leaving both men laughing through the interview.

    Despite the lighthearted exchange, Stamos made it clear his opinion has not changed. He said no amount of persuasion would convince him to join the celebrity dance competition.

    John Stamos Isn’t The Only Star To Reject ‘Dancing With The Stars’

    Queen Latifah at Michael Rubin's Fanatics Super Bowl Party5
    C Flanigan/imageSPACE / MEGA

    Stamos joins a long list of celebrities who have politely declined “Dancing With the Stars” over the years, each for their own reasons. Weird Al Yankovic turned down the show, telling Billboard he’s “frankly not a big fan of reality TV.”

    Chef Bobby Flay took a similar stance, previously telling Zagat he didn’t want to become known as “that guy on Dancing with the Stars.” His concerns weren’t just professional either, as he once admitted his ex-wife threatened to leave him if he signed on.

    Even Queen Latifah, who has performed on the show multiple times, has made clear she’d rather watch from home than compete herself, telling Access Hollywood she sees herself “as a performer, but not as a dancer.” For every celebrity chasing the Mirrorball Trophy, another is perfectly content saying no.

    More Celebrities Who Have Said No To The Ballroom

    Tish Cyrus at 2017 Billboard Awards5
    MEGA

    Stamos is far from alone in giving “Dancing With the Stars” a hard pass. Kevin Jonas has been asked to join nearly every season for the last 20 years but has always declined, admitting, “it’s just not for me.”

    Kylie Kelce feels similarly, telling Us Weekly she doesn’t want to do “anything reality,” including DWTS, adding that she says so “with my whole chest.” Tish Cyrus has echoed the sentiment, admitting on a podcast that the show’s live format leaves her too nervous to ever compete.

    The show has also been turned down several times over the years by other stars, such as Gayle King and Paula Deen, for their own reasons, including not getting on the dance floor. Obviously, not all celebrity aspirations involve being on the show.

    John Stamos’s Sobriety Journey Shapes His Priorities Today

    FOX Summer TCA Press Tour, John Stamos5
    MEGA

    Stamos’s stance on “Dancing With the Stars” isn’t just about dance — it reflects a broader shift in how he approaches his life since getting sober. The actor has been sober for close to six years, a journey that began after his 2015 DUI arrest pushed him toward therapy and real change.

    Stamos has credited his longtime therapist, Phil Stutz, as well as his wife, Caitlin McHugh, and son, Billy, for helping him stay grounded on that path.

    He explained that sobriety taught him the value of consistency, noting that “staying on the path” is what matters most, even when temptation creeps in, as reported by The Blast. Stamos apparently has more interest in keeping his peace these days than obtaining reality TV spotlights.



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Ben Affleck Blamed for Strain on Jennifer Garner Romance

    Your Guide To Lisa Vanderpump’s Las Vegas Hot Spots

    Ben Affleck Praised For Snubbing Bill Maher After Show Feud

    Daisy Ridley ‘Can’t Turn My Head To The Left’ After Sudden Injury

    Hailey Bieber’s Sister Alaia Skips Jail Time Over Tampon Assault

    Shaquille O’Neal Can’t Land Action Roles In Hollywood

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Timothée Chalamet’s Ex Reveals How She Feels About Kylie Jenner Romance

    June 1, 2025

    Side Projects Ignite Engineering Passion

    November 9, 2025

    Innovating Smart Infrastructure With 4D Tech

    September 16, 2025

    Kim Kardashian And Pete Davidson Have Rare Public Reunion

    February 18, 2025

    Why Overemployment Is a Career-Limiting Move

    August 18, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites

    August 23, 2026

    East Side Little League Takes the Field Today

    August 23, 2026

    Ben Affleck Blamed for Strain on Jennifer Garner Romance

    August 23, 2026

    Iran says new sanctions threatened by ‘desperate’ US will fail

    August 23, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.