Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Wednesday, August 19
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Netanyahu residence targeted as Hezbollah launches barrage at Israel

    Netanyahu residence targeted as Hezbollah launches barrage at Israel

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefOctober 19, 2024 Trending News No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    JERUSALEM: Israel said a drone targeted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s residence on Saturday (Oct 19), as Hezbollah launched a barrage of projectiles into Israel from its northern neighbour Lebanon.

    On its southern front, Israel hammered Gaza with air strikes, with an overnight raid on Jabalia in the north killing 33 people according to Gaza’s civil defence agency.

    Netanyahu’s office said the Israeli prime minister and his wife were not in Caesarea during the drone attack and “there were no injuries”. Earlier the military said a drone fired from Lebanon had “hit a structure” in the central Israeli town.

    Throughout the morning, sirens blared in Israel as Lebanese militants Hezbollah launched projectiles from various locations.

    The Iran-backed group said it fired a large salvo of advanced rockets at a military base in the Haifa region of northern Israel.

    Late last month Israel dramatically stepped up its air strikes on Lebanon and sent in ground forces after nearly a year of cross-border exchanges.

    In Gaza, the fighting came after the killing on Wednesday of Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar, accused of masterminding the Oct 7 attack on Israel, which had raised hopes of an end to the war and the release of Israeli hostages.

    On Friday, Qatar-based Hamas official Khalil al-Hayya reiterated the Palestinian group’s position that no hostages would be freed “unless the aggression against our people in Gaza stops”.

    Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, whose country is also a key backer of Hamas, said the group “will not end at all with the martyrdom of Sinwar”.

    With fighting raging in Gaza, civil defence agency spokesman Mahmud Bassal announced “33 deaths and dozens of wounded” in an Israeli strike Jabalia overnight.

    The Israeli military said it was “looking into it”.

    Early on Saturday, three houses in the Jabalia refugee camp were targeted, the agency said, while witnesses told AFP there was heavy gunfire and artillery shelling in the direction of the camp.

    Israeli forces have been concentrating their efforts on northern Gaza in recent days, saying Hamas was regrouping there.

    Witnesses also reported Israeli shelling in central Gaza’s Al-Bureij camp.

    “We always thought that when this moment arrived, the war would end and our lives would return to normal,” 21-year-old Gazan Jemaa Abu Mendi said, referring to Sinwar’s death in the territory’s far south.

    “But unfortunately, the reality on the ground is quite the opposite. The war has not stopped, and the killings continue unabated.”



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Trump says US and Canada strike deal, temporarily pauses 50% tariffs

    Commentary: For Iran’s new leaders, peace is more dangerous than war

    US stocks drop again as bond yields jump

    WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months

    Asian allies stress ‘critical cooperation’ as Trump slashes South Korea drills

    Two largest US reservoirs hit record lows amid western drought

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Handle Reports, Presentations, and Email with One Lifetime Microsoft Office License

    September 21, 2025

    New Attorney General Pam Bondi to Target ‘Weaponization of Justice’

    February 5, 2025

    Knicks need to rediscover their identity after embarrassment

    February 23, 2025

    Trump’s Whirlwind Of Appointments | Armstrong Economics

    November 17, 2024

    Robot Videos: Baseball Bots, UBTECH Walker, and More

    November 23, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    The critical tech staying safe by going underground

    August 19, 2026

    When The Rule Of Law Fails This Is A Warning Of End Of A Government

    August 19, 2026

    Ossoff Escalates Trump Feud Over Aide Natalie Harp

    August 19, 2026

    Brittany Snow Reveals What She Never Told Hayden Panettiere

    August 19, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.