Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Prince Harry’s U.K. trip sparks fresh dispute over Buckingham Palace stay

    Prince Harry’s U.K. trip sparks fresh dispute over Buckingham Palace stay

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefJuly 6, 2026 International No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    LONDON — Britain’s Prince Harry will likely not stay at the monarch’s longtime official residence when he visits London later this week, his spokesman said Monday, in the latest twist in the turbulent relationship with his royal relations.

    Harry, who lives in the United States with his wife, Meghan, and their two children, had been due to stay at Buckingham Palace in central London, his spokesman said. The former royal and his wife have lived in the United States since 2020 after they stepped down as working members of the royal family and amid an embarrassing public split with the family.

    Citing Buckingham Palace, multiple outlets reported that the household requires a minimum notice period to ensure a guest can be hosted at a royal residence and that the Duke of Sussex had missed a deadline.

    But Harry’s spokesman said it was “disappointing that the offer has now been withdrawn.”

    Harry had spent last week “making alternative security arrangements. Once those arrangements were in place, he was able to formally accept the offer of accommodation for himself over the weekend,” he added.

    “It is therefore unclear why, having formally accepted the accommodation offer, it has now been withdrawn at the last moment,” the spokesman said.

    01:05

    Harry, Meghan and their two children to visit the U.K.

    00:0000:00

    Buckingham Palace told NBC News on Monday that it was not commenting on the matter.

    Harry, 41, is due to visit the cities of London and Birmingham for a series of charity events this week. His wife and children — Archie, 7, and Lilibet, 5 — were initially due to accompany him, but that was also walked back over the weekend, sparking further speculation about the relationship between King Charles III and his youngest son since Harry stepped back and later aired his grievances in his memoir, “Spare,” in 2023.

    While the spokesman told British media that Harry’s family would no longer join him on the trip to London, citing a dispute with the government over security provisions for them, he did not rule out that they might join his trip later when he visits Birmingham.

    Harry’s trip starting Tuesday also coincides with an expected court judgment in his privacy claim against Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail. His representative said it could be a factor in the offer withdrawal but said Buckingham Palace had been aware of the impending judgment in the case “since last Thursday.”

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were last together in the U.K. in 2022, for the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.

    Harry, the fifth in line to the throne, has visited the country alone multiple times and met briefly with the king on a trip in September after claiming his father had previously refused to speak to him.

    Harry had publicly alleged bitter internal feuds, including the breakdown of his relationship with Prince William, and claimed his brother physically attacked him. He also spoke about his father appearing to be concerned about being overshadowed by his sons and their wives in the media. Harry said his explosive book was “not about revenge, it is about accountability.”

    The king, who is still undergoing treatment for cancer, has rarely seen his two grandchildren since they were born. After making public his personal grievances about his family in interviews and in his memoir, Harry said in May 2025 that he wanted the fighting to end, adding that he did not “know how much longer my father has.”



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Eye drops sold nationwide recalled over possible contamination, FDA reports

    8 dead after charter flight goes down at radar site

    Navy discusses renaming aircraft carrier after Trump instead of heroic Black sailor

    Army unit offers reenlisting soldiers 4-day pass to play ‘Grand Theft Auto VI’

    How to Watch the 2026 Premier League Season

    Bond yields jump, stocks fall, oil rises

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Inside the Gaza tunnels that Israel says must be destroyed before reconstruction can begin

    February 24, 2026

    Tua Tagovailoa was too honest while praising Josh Allen

    September 16, 2025

    Poll: Majority of Americans Support Trump Transition

    December 30, 2024

    U.S. Oil Production Is Booming. Oil Jobs Are Not.

    January 14, 2025

    Trump orders administration to evaluate potential for ‘national digital asset stockpile’

    January 23, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    Flock Cameras. Canoodling Lawyers. How Much Surveillance Are We Comfortable With?

    August 21, 2026

    Marjorie Taylor Greene & Trump Using Nuclear Weapons

    August 21, 2026

    What Are the Odds of a Yellowstone Eruption?

    August 21, 2026

    Hayden Panettiere Was ‘So Excited’ For Her Birthday Plans

    August 21, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.