Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs accused of sexual assault and rape in new civil suits

    Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs accused of sexual assault and rape in new civil suits

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefOctober 21, 2024 International No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Sean “Diddy” Combs is facing a wave of new sexual assault and rape accusations.

    NBC News has obtained five new civil lawsuits filed Sunday in the Southern District of New York by Texas-based attorney Tony Buzbee. The suits do not name any of the plaintiffs.

    The five suits include allegations Combs sexually assaulted or raped the plaintiffs in separate incidents from 2000 to 2022. Two of the plaintiffs are men and three are women, including a woman who alleged Combs raped her when she was 13 years old, according to the suits.

    Combs is also accused of drugging one of the men and the three women, according to the suits. 

    Buzbee told NBC News he plans to file a total of seven suits Sunday night.

    “We will let the allegations in the filed complaints speak for themselves, and will work to see that justice is done,” Buzbee said in a statement Sunday. “We expect to be filing cases weekly naming Mr. Combs and others as defendants as we continue to gather evidence and prepare the filings.”

    Combs’ team did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

    Buzbee filed six other suits against Combs last Monday.

    Combs, via his attorneys, denied all of the accusations in a statement last week.

    “Mr. Combs and his legal team have full confidence in the facts, their legal defenses, and the integrity of the judicial process,” the statement said. “In court, the truth will prevail that Mr. Combs has never sexually assault anyone — adult or minor, man or woman.”

    Combs is being held without bail at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn on federal racketeering and sex trafficking charges. His criminal trial has been set to start May 5.

    Federal prosecutors said at a hearing this month that they are going through data on over 90 devices belonging to Combs that were seized at his properties in raids this year and when he was arrested in New York.

    Combs’ legal team filed a motion Tuesday requesting that his accusers in the federal sex trafficking case be publicly identified so he can prepare a proper defense.

    Combs continues to fight his bail denial, with his attorneys recently having filed an appeal in New York’s federal appeals court.

    In the months since his former girlfriend Casandra Ventura filed a lawsuit against him — which was immediately settled — several people have sued Combs, including Dawn Richard, a former member of the girl group Danity Kane, who alleged that Combs groped, assaulted and imprisoned her and threatened her life.

    Combs has denied all the allegations against him.

    Chloe Melas

    Chloe Melas is an entertainment correspondent for NBC News. 

    Dan Mangan, CNBC contributed.





    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Mark Ruffalo denies antisemitism charge from Paramount Skydance over merger criticism

    Save Up to 50% on Totes, Crossbody Bags and Packing Cubes

    Actor Michael Wright, known for ‘The Five Heartbeats,’ dies at 70

    U.S. and Canada trade war intensifies with new tariffs

    Bills tackle Ed Oliver’s son has died, team announces

    GOP lawmakers criticize Trump’s beef import plan amid blowback from ranchers

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Peru’s new president refuses to resign after Gen Z protests leave one dead | Protests News

    October 17, 2025

    Anthropic AI goes rogue when trying to run a vending machine

    July 27, 2025

    What’s ailing all levels of WA government: Indulgence, not abundance

    May 3, 2026

    AMC’s Popcorn Bucket Business Is Now Worth $100 Million

    July 24, 2026

    Lake City has lost Walgreens, Bartell Drugs and now, its Fred Meyer

    August 25, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    Balaji Ingole Develops AI Tools for E-Commerce Sites

    August 23, 2026

    East Side Little League Takes the Field Today

    August 23, 2026

    Ben Affleck Blamed for Strain on Jennifer Garner Romance

    August 23, 2026

    Iran says new sanctions threatened by ‘desperate’ US will fail

    August 23, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.