Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Thursday, August 20
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » State-backed Israeli settler violence forces West Bank displacement: HRW | News

    State-backed Israeli settler violence forces West Bank displacement: HRW | News

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefAugust 20, 2026 Latest News No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Human Rights Watch calls for sanctions and the suspension of military aid to Israel, as dozens of Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank are at risk of erasure.

    Dozens of Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank are at risk of erasure due to escalating attacks by Israeli settlers, according to a new report by Human Rights Watch.

    Increased settler attacks, along with the rapid expansion of Israeli settlements illegal under international law, are driving a wave of forced displacement of Palestinians, the US-based rights group said in a report released on Thursday.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 3 itemsend of list

    The report accuses Israeli authorities of arming, funding and granting impunity to settlers to carry out the attacks.

    Israeli settler violence has been growing since the current government took office in December 2022.

    But attacks spiked in the first two months of the US and Israel’s war on Iran, with killings including those of children, assaults, sexual violence, physical and mental abuse, arbitrary detention, arson, property demolition and theft among the reported abuses, the report adds.

    Maximum land and minimum Palestinians

    “The Israeli government and the settlers share the same goal of maximum land and minimum Palestinians, with the authorities not only failing to stop settler violence, but actively enabling it,” Sarah Sanbar, the acting Israel and Palestine researcher at Human Rights Watch, said.

    “Settlers shoot, attack, and expel Palestinians from their land, and the state provides the weapons, the legal cover, and the budget to do it,” she added.

    HRW investigated settler attacks in seven Palestinian West Bank communities in April and May, including Al-Mughayyir, Mikhmas and Taybeh, in Ramallah governorate; Jalud and Qaryut, in Nablus governorate; and Khirbet Hamsa and Muarrajat East, in the Jordan Valley.

    The report found that, sometimes, armed settlers acted alongside Israeli military units or with soldiers standing by yet failing to intervene, during raids on Palestinian residents and property, contributing to a pattern of forced displacement.

    Rising forced displacement

    It said the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) research found more Palestinians were forcibly displaced by settler attacks, demolitions and evictions in the first four months of this year than in the whole of 2025.

    OCHA found that 107 communities, comprising 5,900 Palestinians, had been completely or partially displaced as a result of settler violence since January 2023. It also found that the Israeli military expelled another 32,000 Palestinians from their homes in the occupied West Bank since January 2025, essentially emptying the Jenin, Tulkarem and Nur Shams camps.

    Human Rights Watch says the attacks and lack of state protection have created a coercive environment that leaves many Palestinians saying they have no choice but to leave their homes.

    Targeted sanctions

    The report recommended targeted sanctions on those implicated in ongoing abuses, the suspension of weapons transfers to Israel and a trade ban with illegal settlements, and urged countries to consider suspending preferential trade agreements with Israel.

    “The impunity Israeli authorities accord settlers stems directly from the free pass Israel’s allies and donors have granted it,” Sanbar said.

    “Israel and the governments that give it a blank check share responsibility and should be held to account,” she said.



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Russian forces kill 6 in Ukraine as Zelenskyy faces pressure over elections | Russia-Ukraine war News

    Pentagon quizzes NATO allies on political loyalty, documents reveal | NATO News

    Iran’s hardline parliament raises concerns with ‘foreign infiltration’ plan | US-Israel war on Iran News

    Mourinho fires Real Madrid shot at Barcelona saying he ‘didn’t need’ Rodri | Football News

    South Africa to Australia: Why coal profits are surging during Iran war | Energy News

    US, Canada reach trade deal to avert steep tariffs, Trump says | Business and Economy News

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Luddite Teens Still Don’t Want Your Likes

    January 30, 2025

    Ariana Grande Struggling Ahead of Tour Return

    May 22, 2026

    Kody Brown Wants To Give Meri Away To Her Next Husband

    November 26, 2024

    Manage Heartburn With These 10 Lifestyle Changes

    March 30, 2025

    Don’t let Abdul El-Sayed’s identity eclipse his actual politics

    August 9, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    Harvest price hike hits business with 1500% increase in bills

    August 20, 2026

    Fauci’s Advisor Pleads Guilty | Armstrong Economics

    August 20, 2026

    ASPI Stock Extends Overnight Gains

    August 20, 2026

    Jason Kelce ‘Wants Your Pee’ To Cool AI Data Centers

    August 20, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.