Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Wednesday, August 19
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » UN peacekeepers accuse Israel of ‘deliberate and direct’ attack in Lebanon | Israel attacks Lebanon News

    UN peacekeepers accuse Israel of ‘deliberate and direct’ attack in Lebanon | Israel attacks Lebanon News

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefNovember 9, 2024 Latest News No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    The Israeli military, which has hit UNIFIL positions several times, denies responsibility despite footage.

    United Nations peacekeepers in southern Lebanon have reported another Israeli assault on their positions as ground and air attacks on Lebanon continue to claim lives.

    The UN Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) said on Friday that two Israeli military excavators and one bulldozer had destroyed part of a fence and a concrete structure at a UN base in Ras Naqoura a day earlier.

    The Israeli military denied any activity after UN forces contacted it to protest, despite UNIFIL publishing footage of the incident online.

    The Israeli military’s “deliberate and direct destruction of clearly identifiable UNIFIL property is a flagrant violation of international law and resolution 1701”, UNIFIL said, referring to the UN Security Council resolution aimed at ending the 2006 war between Israel and Hezbollah.

    Statement:

    Yesterday, two IDF excavators and one IDF bulldozer destroyed part of a fence and a concrete structure in a UNIFIL position in Ras Naqoura. In response to our urgent protest, the IDF denied any activity was taking place inside the UNIFIL position. pic.twitter.com/gQm02hjNTG

    — UNIFIL (@UNIFIL_) November 8, 2024

    Since September 30, Israel has repeatedly demanded that UN peacekeepers vacate their internationally mandated premises so it can more freely advance with its ground invasion of southern Lebanon.

    The peacekeeping mission in southern Lebanon has been targeted 40 times since then, UNIFIL’s deputy spokesperson Kandice Ardiel told Al Jazeera on Friday.

    Ardiel said eight of those attacks were confirmed to have originated from the Israeli army. Peacekeepers have been wounded and property destroyed in previous attacks.

    Israel also requested that UNIFIL evacuate 29 sites near the Blue Line, the UN-delineated line of withdrawal between Israel and Lebanon, Ardiel said. Earlier, UNIFIL said Israeli forces have been destroying and removing blue barrels that mark the Blue Line.

    “Yesterday’s incident, like seven other similar incidents, is not a matter of peacekeepers getting caught in the crossfire, but of deliberate and direct actions” by the Israeli military, UNIFIL added.

    UNIFIL convoys ‘at risk’

    European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell on Friday said the bloc condemns an “incident which put at risk an UNIFIL convoy and left several peacekeepers wounded” after six Malaysian peacekeepers were injured on Thursday by an Israeli drone strike that killed three Lebanese people in a car nearby.

    Borrell’s statement did not directly name Israel and said “all parties must ensure the safety and security of UN personnel and allow them to carry out their vital mission under UNIFIL’s mandate”.

    A rescuer and a member of the Malaysian battalion of UNIFIL treat the wound of a fellow soldier, after he was injured at the site of an Israeli airstrike in Sidon, on November 7, 2024  [Mahmoud Zayyat/AFP]

    Meanwhile, the Israeli military continues to push ahead with its ground operation in southern Lebanon and launch air strikes across the country as Hezbollah fires rockets and launches drones into Israel.

    At least three people were killed and more than 30 wounded in one of the latest Israeli attacks on Lebanon that struck two buildings in the ancient city of Tyre on Friday night.

    Lebanon’s Ministry of Public Health announced that at least 15 people were killed and 69 wounded on Thursday as a result of Israeli strikes.

    Since October last year, at least 3,117 people have been killed and 13,888 wounded by Israeli attacks in Lebanon, the ministry said. Among them, 617 are women and 192 children.

    The casualties include 180 health workers. The ministry said hospitals have been attacked 65 times.

    Israeli attacks are ongoing across the Gaza Strip as well, where more than 43,000 people have been killed since October last year, nearly 70 percent of them children and women, according to the UN. This is while famine is looming in northern Gaza, which has been under siege for more than a month.





    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Mourinho fires Real Madrid shot at Barcelona saying he ‘didn’t need’ Rodri | Football News

    South Africa to Australia: Why coal profits are surging during Iran war | Energy News

    US, Canada reach trade deal to avert steep tariffs, Trump says | Business and Economy News

    Bolivia arrests political adviser to Latin American right-wingers | Crime News

    The British state has recast protest as terrorism | Israel-Palestine conflict

    Russia protests Japan PM’s comments after Putin’s Kuril visit | News

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Vietnam to remove death penalty for embezzlement, sparing tycoon’s life

    June 26, 2025

    UK drops refugee family reunion applications amid anti-immigration protests | Migration News

    September 1, 2025

    Tour bus crash in eastern Thailand kills at least 18 | Transport News

    February 26, 2025

    ChatGPT’s OpenAI reports surge to 400 million weekly users

    February 20, 2025

    Tom Brady Blames His Busy Lifestyle For His Recent Illness

    October 31, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    OpenAI slows down training of advanced AI after cyber-attack

    August 19, 2026

    South Korea Wants Military Independence — Good, Let Them Pay For It

    August 19, 2026

    Lucille Ball’s 1943 Classic Debuted 83 Years Ago

    August 19, 2026

    Marc Jacobs Wants To Dress ‘Trendsetter’ Luigi Mangione For Trial

    August 19, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.