Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » US judge limits Trump’s push to rapidly deport migrants in Guantanamo Bay | Donald Trump News

    US judge limits Trump’s push to rapidly deport migrants in Guantanamo Bay | Donald Trump News

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefApril 30, 2025 Latest News No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Judge says administration must give migrants opportunity to express concerns about safety of deportation destinations.

    A federal judge in the United States has placed limits on the Trump administration’s efforts to deport migrants held in Guantanamo Bay with few protections.

    In a ruling on Thursday, District Judge Brian Murphy in Boston issued an order stating that the administration must give migrants an opportunity to raise concerns about the safety of the countries where they are being deported.

    The ruling is the latest to advance concerns about the legality of Trump’s hardline moves on immigration and expansive interpretations of executive power.

    The order is a victory for immigrant rights advocates who alleged that the administration had violated a previous court order by flying four Venezuelans held in the US military base at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba to El Salvador, although it remains to be seen how the White House will respond.

    The administration challenged that order by arguing that it only applied to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), not the Department of Defense, which carried out the flight in question.

    The Department of Justice has said that three of the four Venezuelans sent to El Salvador, where the administration has sent migrants to be warehoused in Salvadoran prisons, where abusive conditions and torture are widely alleged, are members of the Tren De Aragua gang, but it has frequently made similar claims with little evidence.

    Immigrant rights groups have alleged that migrants are being held in Guantanamo Bay, previously used as a detention centre and torture site during the so-called “global war on terror”, in conditions of extreme isolation and without legal counsel.

    “Officers at Guantanamo have created a climate of extreme fear and intimidation where immigrant detainees are afraid to communicate freely with their counsel,” a lawsuit brought on behalf of two Nicaraguan being held at Guantanamo states.

    The complaint states that some detainees were interrogated about alleged gang affiliations while surrounded by military officers.



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Taliban release two detained UN staff members in Afghanistan | Human Rights News

    Brook makes Pakistan pay for dropped catch as England dominate first Test | Cricket News

    ‘Tremendous costs’: Can Trump stop other countries from trading with Iran? | US-Israel war on Iran News

    State-backed Israeli settler violence forces West Bank displacement: HRW | News

    Russian forces kill 6 in Ukraine as Zelenskyy faces pressure over elections | Russia-Ukraine war News

    Pentagon quizzes NATO allies on political loyalty, documents reveal | NATO News

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    Ultracold clocks could reveal how quantum physics alters time

    September 29, 2025

    How ‘Maybe Happy Ending’ Overcame a Shaky Start and Won Big at the Tonys

    June 10, 2025

    Yvette Nicole Brown Reminds Khloé Kardashian Of Family’s Past

    January 15, 2025

    White House Responds to Email From Senior USAID Official Ordering Destruction of Documents | The Gateway Pundit

    March 12, 2025

    2 important advocates for WA fish and wildlife should be reinstated

    April 7, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    How landscape gardening is being electrified

    August 21, 2026

    Market Talk – August 20, 2026

    August 21, 2026

    Thursday Evening Forecast for August 20

    August 21, 2026

    Jen Affleck Makes Candid Confession About Marriage

    August 21, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.