Close Menu
    National News Brief
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Science
    • Technology
    • International
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Sports
    National News Brief
    Home » Hamas hands over remains of captive as Israeli drone strike kills two | Gaza News

    Hamas hands over remains of captive as Israeli drone strike kills two | Gaza News

    Team_NationalNewsBriefBy Team_NationalNewsBriefOctober 27, 2025 Latest News No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Hamas has handed over the remains of another dead captive to Israel, hours after an Israeli drone attack in southern Gaza killed two Palestinians amid a fragile ceasefire.

    The Israeli military said on Monday that the Red Cross had taken custody of the coffin and was in the process of transporting it to the army’s troops in Gaza.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 3 itemsend of list

    Under the terms of a United States-brokered ceasefire that took effect on October 10, Hamas has undertaken to return the bodies of all the 28 deceased captives. The remains of 16 had been handed over as of Monday.

    The 20 surviving captives were freed on October 13 as part of the truce.

    The release of the latest body comes as the families of some of the captives called on the Israeli government to pause the ceasefire if Hamas fails to locate and hand over the bodies.

    “Hamas knows exactly where every one of the deceased hostages is held,” the Hostages and Missing Families Forum said.

    “The families urge the government of Israel, the United States administration and the mediators not to advance to the next phase of the agreement until Hamas fulfils all of its obligations and returns every hostage to Israel,” the association added.

    The statement echoed the Israeli government’s claim that Hamas knows where the remains are.

    On Saturday, Hamas negotiator Khalil al-Hayya said there were “challenges” in locating the captives’ bodies because “the occupation has altered the terrain of Gaza”.

    He suggested that some of those who had buried the bodies had been killed during the war, while others had forgotten the burial locations.

    The day after al-Hayya’s comments, Israel permitted an Egyptian technical team to enter Gaza to help with the task of finding the bodies. The search involves the use of excavator machines and trucks.

    Despite the ceasefire, an Israeli drone attack close to the southern Gaza city of Khan Younis killed at least two people on Monday, according to Nasser Hospital.

    In total, eight Palestinians have been killed and another 13 injured in Israeli attacks across the enclave over the last 48 hours, Gaza’s Ministry of Health said on Monday. At least 68,527 people have died and 170,395 have been injured since Israel’s war on Gaza began in October 2023, it added.

    Speaking on board Air Force One on Monday, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio suggested that Israel had not violated the truce through its strike against a member of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad group on Saturday.

    “We don’t view that as a violation of the ceasefire,” he said, accusing the target of planning an attack on Israeli troops.”They have the right if there’s an imminent threat to Israel, and all the mediators agree with that.”

    In the more than two weeks since the truce began, about 473,000 people have returned to northern Gaza, where they face widespread destruction of property and critical shortages of basic necessities like food and water, according to the United Nations.

    Younis al-Khatib, the head of the Palestine Red Crescent Society, has warned that Gaza’s population still faces the same desperate humanitarian emergency as it did before the truce.

    “Rebuilding human beings is more difficult than rebuilding destroyed homes,” he said during meetings with Norway’s prime minister and foreign minister in Oslo, noting that residents would need mental health care for years to come.

    The World Health Organization also warned that the number of Palestinians in Gaza who need mental health support had risen from about 485,000 to more than one million after two years of Israel’s war.

    Almost all the children in the enclave need such help, according to the UN children’s agency, UNICEF, which has said that Gaza has been “the most dangerous place in the world to be a child” over the last two years.

    Tess Ingram, the group’s spokesperson in Gaza, explained that this is because of the “sheer number of children who’ve been killed and injured, displaced, separated from their families [or] who have lost a loved one”.

    “A classroom of children was killed every single day for two years in this conflict, and the scars of what the children have endured will last for many, many years to come,” Ingram told Al Jazeera, speaking from the al-Mawasi area in the south.



    Source link

    Team_NationalNewsBrief
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    Nord Stream bombing suspect to Hollywood fixer: Who is Volodymyr Zhuravlev? | Crime News

    Hong Kong Tiananmen activists found guilty of national security charges | Hong Kong Protests News

    Taliban release two detained UN staff members in Afghanistan | Human Rights News

    Brook makes Pakistan pay for dropped catch as England dominate first Test | Cricket News

    ‘Tremendous costs’: Can Trump stop other countries from trading with Iran? | US-Israel war on Iran News

    State-backed Israeli settler violence forces West Bank displacement: HRW | News

    Add A Comment

    Comments are closed.

    Editors Picks

    NASCAR overhauls schedule for Clash at Bowman Gray ahead of winter storm

    January 30, 2026

    Aaron Judge beats Cal Raleigh, wins third MVP in four years

    November 14, 2025

    Why Republicans think their Senate majority could last the decade: From the Politics Desk

    November 22, 2024

    Cheryl Burke Credits Celibacy To Being ‘An Intense Woman’

    February 14, 2025

    At least 52 killed in Gaza as Israel escalates attacks on Gaza City | Gaza News

    August 22, 2025
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    About us

    Welcome to National News Brief, your one-stop destination for staying informed on the latest developments from around the globe. Our mission is to provide readers with up-to-the-minute coverage across a wide range of topics, ensuring you never miss out on the stories that matter most.

    At National News Brief, we cover World News, delivering accurate and insightful reports on global events and issues shaping the future. Our Tech News section keeps you informed about cutting-edge technologies, trends in AI, and innovations transforming industries. Stay ahead of the curve with updates on the World Economy, including financial markets, economic policies, and international trade.

    Editors Picks

    OpenAI’s Two-Week Pause + Jill Lepore on the Threat of the “Artificial State” + Train of Thought

    August 21, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Is Borrowing To Preserve Vision 2030

    August 21, 2026

    Intuitive Surgical Stock Surges in After-Hours Trading

    August 21, 2026

    Julia Stiles Reportedly Joining ‘DWTS’ Season 35

    August 21, 2026
    Categories
    • Arts & Entertainment
    • Business
    • International
    • Latest News
    • Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Top Stories
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Nationalnewsbrief.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.